Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Company: Euro Packaging Group, Yardley, Birmingham
Reporting to: Managing Director
Established in 1974, Euro Packaging Group is a privately owned UK based manufacturer, consolidator and innovator to Retail, Food Service & Hospitality market sectors, with over 40 years of experience and supply into to a range of major UK and European retailers.
Euro Packaging supplies over 6,500 Goods Not for Resale consumables SKUs, both in-house and third party sourced, in order to offer a comprehensive consolidation service to multiple market sectors
We provide a service and solutions with significant added value, including:
- Market leading I.T. systems which deliver advance management information and data reporting
- Dedicated award-winning product development and innovation
- Global sourcing expertise throughout Europe and Far East
- Proactive Account Management
- Group owned manufacturing facilities including paper, plastic and aluminium foil products
- Multiple storage facilities, which include fully automated bulk storage and single item pick & pack
- Group owned vehicle fleet
As a result of our continued success in winning new customers we are now seeking to recruit an outstanding National Business Development Manager to join our existing team and help us continue striving to grow new revenue streams across the UK.
Whilst company and product training will be provided, experience selling goods and services in a Not for Resale environment will be a pre-requisite.
As a Business Development Manager you will be responsible for identifying key targets in line with the company's growth strategy; interrogating, qualifying and developing opportunities within those targets in order to ensure business growth is aligned with company targets.
You will work with the internal team to continue to develop our go-to-market strategy as well as evolve market literature and pipeline management.
You must be at ease managing the qualification, completion and delivery of multi-product / service RFI, RFP and RFQ responses. You will be familiar with and adept at preparing and presenting competitive tender presentations to groups of people at senior decision making levels.
Key responsibilities will include:
- The delivery of revenue and profitability targets through the successful development of new business accounts within the food service, retail and leisure markets
- Stay ahead of market trends and competition to ensure you maximise potential growth areas
- Managing opportunity and risk through expert pipeline management
- Work effectively with internal stakeholders to ensure the whole delivery portfolio is met
- Ability to educate clients on full product offering and services
To secure the role of Business Development Manager you must possess a proven track record of successfully gaining new business, preferably within GNFR Supply Chain for Retail customers.
We are looking for a dynamic, disciplined and driven individual with the ability to think independently and who takes ownership. You will need to be resilient to deal with pressurised situations and demanding customers. Calmly assertive, you will possess strong emotional intelligence, commercial acumen and charisma.
- A minimum of 5 years in a customer facing Business Development role
- ‘Hunter' approach to New Business
- Experience of managing multiple product/service offering
- Demonstrable understanding of profitable growth
- Working in / supplying a retail/food service environment
- Knowledge of packaging / bag manufacturing would be an advantage
- Tenacious approach to new business (UK wide)
- Accurate analytical skills and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder management both internal and external
- A successful and consistent record of delivering to targets and deadlines
- A track record of delivering innovation and profitable growth
- PC Literate, MS Office, competent Excel skills
- Generously Competitive (Negotiable).
- Benefits: Laptop, mobile, up to 25 days holiday
The position of Business Development Manager is a national role, however close proximity to our midlands Head Office will be a distinct advantage. Candidates should be clear that significant amounts of travel may be required dependent on where the opportunities lie and candidates must be prepared to work from our Head Office in Yardley on a regular basis.
Please send your cover letter, CV and work examples by clicking apply
Apply for Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly