Cordee is over 40 years old, having started life as a sole distributor for rock climbing guidebooks published by the largest climbing clubs in the UK, the business now includes distribution of titles encompassing all outdoor activities. Based at our 14,500 sq ft purpose-built warehouse we have more than 1,250,000 items in stock at any one time. Cordee has a unique and world-renowned catalogue of books and maps that is used by the recreation and book trade throughout the UK and the world - our challenge is to support our publishers by keeping the market supplied with their unique books.
The team consists of: one warehouse manager, one goods in/manager’s assistant, two full time packers and a part time order picker. This team is responsible for the day-to-day handling of goods-in and goods-out and for the smooth and efficient running of this area of the business. During busy periods temporary staff is hired to meet demand.
The main tasks carried out by the warehouse packers are:
- Preparing orders for dispatch i.e. picking and packing of book and map orders for UK and export customers, this includes the preparation of accompanying paperwork including customs documentation where necessary.
- Provide back up support to Goods-in as required.
- Carrying out other duties relevant to the position as and when they may arise.
- The team is expected to keep its environment clean and tidy and to ensure adequate stock levels of consumables i.e. cartons, vinyl tape, labels etc.
- Preparing outgoing post from warehouse and office.
Skills: (Training will be given as necessary)
- Ability to work as a team
- Flexible and positive approach to the tasks required
- Ability to work to pressurised time deadlines
- Accuracy and care when handling orders and preparing accompanying paperwork
- Basic computer literacy is required for printing invoices and carrier labels
- Forklift licence is desirable
- Lifting of boxes of books necessary
Pay: £7.50 per hour
Holiday: 22 days holiday plus statutory days
Hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week, 8am - 4:30pm
Reporting to: Warehouse Manager
Contract: Permanent position after satisfactory completion of three months probationary period.
CV's with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply below.
Apply for Warehouse Packer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly