Technical Manager, Oldbury
We have an opportunity looking for a Technical Manager who has experience in airset Foundry to join us in Oldbury. You will receive a competitive salary of £45,000 per annum plus benefits including 25 Days Holiday and Pension.
As our Technical Manager you will be accountable for assuring appropriate foundry processes are developed and maintained for manufacture of sand and gravity-die castings at Truscanian. You will develop processes and systems and to drive continuous improvement in these working closely with Quality and Production teams.
Responsibilities of our Technical Manager include:
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required / instructed by your line manager.
- Adherence to all Company Health & Safety Policies, Procedures and Safe Working Practices.
- Working closely with customers & commercial team to evaluate potential new business opportunities, providing advice on material properties, sand moulding & casting and gravity-die process & casting feasibility
- Evaluate subcontracted process requirements, heat treatment, material testing, certification, machining, coatings etc and potential impact of these on product delivery
- Conduct technical review of initial RFQs & on new orders through contract review process, clarifying requirements and identifying risks and opportunities for improvements
- Working closely with tool & pattern makers and other subcontract process providers to develop methods and processes to meet customer requirements
- Development and rollout of initial sample production process, working closely with Quality and Production teams to deliver samples on time and develop methods & processes to ensure repeatability of results
- Improve moulding, methods, die-casting & metal handling processes to deliver improved quality and productivity
- Assist Quality in evaluation & implementation of corrective actions
- Build strong relationships with key customers, providing technical support & advice
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required / instructed in order to maintain and / or improve the efficiency, quality and service provided by Truscanian.
- Undertake business travel within the UK as and when required.
- Undertake any reasonable overtime necessary to carry out the role effectively
- Cover the roles of colleagues during periods of absence.
To become our Technical Manager you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Foundry & metallurgical expertise within non-ferrous environment
- Proven track record in methoding and new product development
- Confident in providing metallurgical and manufacturing advice to customers
- Able to identify & implement best practices within metal processing & distribution
- Delivering year on year improvements to products & processes
- UK Driving Licence
- Experience in airset Foundry
- Experienced in Gravity Die Casting and other foundry processes
- Confident in working with subcontracted machinists, heat treatment and material testing providers.
- Hands on experience in the implementation of Quality tools and techniques
Lucy Castings is the perfect company if you would like to develop and meet your long term career goals. Why not click ‘apply’ today - don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join our business as a Technical Manager.