Proposals Co-ordinator - Metabolism - Rushden, Northamptonshire
Proposals Co-ordinator - Metabolism
Pharmaron is a premier R&D service provider supporting the life science industry. Founded in 2003, Pharmaron has invested in its people and facilities having established diverse drug R&D service capabilities, ranging from synthetic, medicinal and analytical chemistry, biology, DMPK, pharmacology, drug safety assessment, radiochemistry and isotopically labelled metabolism, chemical & pharmaceutical development to clinical development, including applications of 14C microtracer AMS technology. With operations in China, US and UK staffed by over 4,500 employees, Pharmaron has an excellent track record in the delivery of R&D solutions to its partners in North America, Europe, Japan and China.
The Rushden site is the a centre of excellence for Radiolabelled Sciences incorporating both Metabolism (which includes Clinical Metabolism, Pre-clinical ADME, In vitro and DDI services, Large Molecule Metabolism, Environmental Fate and Plant Metabolism and Metabolite Identification) and Chemistry (which includes API and IMP manufacture).
Due to recent expansion Pharmaron are currently looking to recruit a Proposals Co-ordinator at their Rushden facility within the Metabolism department, reporting into the Principal Scientist.
- Collaborate with operational scientific managers to bring together the correct cost assumptions and calculate prices using excel cost models.
- Prepare accurate and well-presented proposals and other documentation required to support the sale of Metabolism services.
- Preparation, modification and pricing of proposals to reflect clients requirements
- Liaise with operational colleagues in obtaining cost assumptions
- Communication with clients surrounding their projects and proposals
- Preparation of template contract documents (confidentiality, MSA's, Task Orders etc)
- Set-up new opportunities on CRM
- Update Opportunities on CRM upon closure (win or lose), ensuring that all required documents are filed and circulated appropriately
- Prepare Regular Reports from CRM allowing measurement of KPIs against target
- Maintain and update client and study files (electronic & hardcopy), seeking opportunities to streamline and improve throughout
- Update Accounts and Contacts on CRM
- Sales meeting arrangements (room bookings, agenda etc.)
- Research and prepare reports on new market opportunities
- Identify and qualify new potential client companies and individuals
- Well organised with acute attention to detail (essential)
- Strong interpersonal communications skills (essential)
- Confident, friendly, relationship-builder (essential)
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail (essential)
- Broad IT competence (Word, Excel, CRM Database etc.) (essential)
- Basic understanding of pharma development and outsourcing processes (desirable, not essential)
- Scientific qualification (desirable, not essential)
- Commercial awareness (desirable, not essential)
The position is full time and permanent. Hours of work are 37.5 per week Monday - Friday. Annual holiday entitlement is 23 days a year plus Bank Holidays. The company operates a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and a flexible benefits package.
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting: Proposals Co-ordinator.