32 hours per week, £8.33 per hour
The market research team are looking for an outgoing and confident person to assist the Research Manager with our busy market research programme. Eden’s visitor research covers an exciting and unique variety of projects, including the Eden Sessions, visitor profiling, sporting events and seasonal programmes evaluation. Funded projects and sponsorship feedback are also amongst the wide range of responsibilities covers in the role.
The successful candidate will ideally have at least 3 years’ experience, preferably in the tourism sector, in the field of market research and of disseminating complex data, as well as being able to communicate with a wide audience. The main responsibilities include questionnaire design, face to face interviewing, data inputting, keeping accurate records, analysis of complex data sets and quantitative and qualitative research techniques.
The role requires flexibility and the ability to work both as a team and confidently as an individual.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out a full application form which can be found on the job section of our website.
The closing date for this position is Friday 30th June
Co-ordinates the processes and protocols used to research, analyze and evaluate the success of the Eden Project. Reports results and outcomes, which inform the strategic planning of the Executive team and the tactical planning of the senior management team.
1. Assists the Research Manager with Eden's market research programme, developing and implementing visitor related research studies as a means of collating valuable quantitative data and qualitative evidence to support strategic planning.
2. Implements a variety of statistical techniques and methodologies, to ensure the accurate and reliable collation, analysis and evaluation of data, reporting performance against key commercial and operational indicators.
3. Develops and maintain external networks, in order to share valuable information on the activity and the demographic of visitors and to identify the latest market trends.
4. Provides professional and technical input for funded projects across Eden, assisting colleagues with research and statistical analysis to support project plans and outcomes.
5. Contributes to the development of the marketing plan with a particular emphasis on data gathering and analysis of the general admissions profile. Supports other teams within Eden, by providing useful data and evidence to inform the planning process.
Demands of the role
Education & qualifications
A bachelor's degree in statistics, business studies, mathematics or another relevant subject and evidence of continuous professional development gained through the Royal Statistical Society (RSS) or the Market Research Society (MRS).
Knowledge & skills
The jobholder will have gained at least three years research experience within an organization, operating within the leisure or tourism sector. They will be skilled in all areas of research and statistical analysis and be conversant with a range spreadsheet, survey and statistical software. Effective presentation and reportwriting skills are essential for the effective delivery of this role.
This role is concerned with professional judgment, where the jobholder has to be confident regarding the accuracy, reliability and efficacy of the data which they produce. They generally work to medium term objectives agreed with the Research Manager.
It is essential that the results and outcomes of research studies are accurate, reliable, and capable of standing up to scrutiny. The jobholder is expected to devise novel, interesting and dynamic ways in which to present complex and detailed statistical data.
People & asset management
Shared responsibility for the accuracy and confidentiality of data held on departmental systems.
Communication & visitor experience
The jobholder is required to interact with people from all levels within and outside of Eden. The presentation of data, information and evidence will need to be adjusted to suit the needs of different audiences and fora. Building and maintaining networks is an important aspect of the role, as it provides vital information regarding current market activity and trends.
Generally operates within a pleasant office environment with regular Eden site visits. Required to visit other attractions to keep abreast of tourism trends and data.